Monte Generoso- Excitement at 1704m high
Lugano – Capolago – Monte Generoso
Monte Generoso is one of the most beautiful panoramic mountains of Ticino county.
The landscape extends from the Po Valley to the Lake of Como and to the Berenese Alps and Vallesane. On the summit, a rocky plateau, stands the majestic “Fiore di Pietra”, a new structure designed by the famous architect, Mario Botta.
In the past 125 years, the cogwheel railway starts its rout at the Capolago station near the Lugano Lake and goes up to the summit of the mountain through a picturesque panoramic ride of 9 Km.
THE IDEAL PLAN FOR A DAY TRIP:
Suitable for everyone.
- Coffee in Piazza Riforma
- Crossing by boat to Lugano Capolago
- Cogwheel railway from Capolago up to the summit of Monte Generoso
- Some free time and lunch at the restaurant located on the summit of the mountain
- A visit to the bear cave (June – September), a walking distance of about 30 min. from the “Fiore di Pietra” structure
- A visit to the observatory on Sundays (June – September)
- Returning to Capolago with the cogwheel railway
- Returning to the hotel by train or boat
- The beautiful hiking trails of the region